Day 5 - Meditation Challenge

The meditation challenge is going great. I'm not beating myself up by setting up unrealistic demands on myself. I just let myself be. If that day's challenge leads me to 5 minutes... that is what I use. Another day it may be 15. I just know that whatever time appears... that's enough for that moment.

So today I'm home from work. I'll be home tomorrow too. And around 8:30 I peeked outside and realized it had started to snow. I was just like a child and ran off to the shower, going through my morning routine in record time so I could get outside.

This is the first major snowfall for 2010. Depending on what TV or radio station you listen to, they are predicting 2 to 8 inches. At the moment there is probably 3 to 4 inches... so I set off to a local park with both my camera and my FLIP to capture this first snowfall.

Photobucket

There were only a few cars in the parking lot, but I was the only person taking a walk along the frozen ponds. It was so quiet, only the snow on the wind could be heard. It was a great opportunity to focus on your breathing, inhaling and exhaling, sending positive thoughts out to the Universe. I came across this little guy who didn't seem to mind the bitter cold or the snow.

Photobucket

I took a few moments to clear my mind, breathing deeply, the snow hitting my smiling face and just enjoyed those moments. It was almost like I was a child again, so excited about the first snowfall and wanting to play in it.

There were large clumps of ornamental grass dancing and swaying to the wind. If I close my eyes I can so hear the sound of that grass as it danced before me.

Photobucket

Taking time in nature can be very restorative. And I'm so happy that I was able to be there today, the only person seeing the first inches of snow falling so quietly.

Photobucket

When my world is blanketed in white, I want to snuggle up inside with a good book and a mug of hot chocolate. Other times I just want to watch the snow fall, each little snowflake so unique and magical.

I'm happy I ventured out to greet the snow's arrival. And the snow enchanted me with it's beauty. Photobucket

Comments

I am so happy you are continuing on with the Challenge at my blog and equally happy that you delighting in what you are experiencing all around you. Boy, watching snowfall can be a meditation in itself, don't you think? May you breathe on with ease! Blessings,
Jan
awakeisgood.com
P.s. Did you notice that I shared your guided meditation link with my readers? Thank you for leading me to it. It was great and so enjoyed by many....
Patty said…
Glad you had such a nice day of vacation.
Heidi said…
Hello Angela, What an incredibly beautiful post!!! I adore snow & winter, although I find myself living in Southern California??...:)....I also wanted to let you know that yes!!..I am going planning to do a Valentine's swap & I will post all about it tomorrow!!...So happy you are asking about it!!....Always a delight to visit your blog!...Your friend, Heidi XO

Popular Posts