Everyday Grace by Marianne Williamson


My deepest fear is not that I am inadequate. My deepest fear is that I am powerful beyond measure.

It is my light, not my darkness, that most frightens me.

I ask myself, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who am I not to be?

I am a child of God. My playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around me. I am meant to shine as children do. I was borm to make manifest the glory of God that is within me. It's not just in me; it's in everyone.

And as I let my own light shine, I unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As I am liberated from my own fear, my presence automatically liberates others.

Comments

Maryjo said…
Thank you for this quote.
I really like to read Marianne Williamson and have several of her books.
I'm going to go dig them out and stick my nose in them now. What a lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

Popular Posts