Full Snow Moon Dreamboards

And so a full moon will appear tonight, the New Moon is in Aquarius, which means it’s a time for expansive thinking, for dreaming outside of the box, for dreams so big no box could contain them, for dreams that touch the world!

Wow... not sure I could live up to such lofty ideas. I'm a wife, mother, sister, friend, work Monday through Friday and I really don't have time for dreams. I had dreams when I was little, but adult life has weathered me down and dreams were never on my "to do" list.

Sure there's always a little background chatter that fills my head from time to time, but nothing concrete, nothing that has inspired me to get off my butt and do something about it.

You can read up on the Full Snow Moon and see all the lovely Dreamboards over at Jamie Ridler Studios

Below is the Dreamboard I've created for this Moon. I realize this is just a start of my dreaming process and at the moment these dreams are only tiny whispers. But I think in time and once my son gets out of school, the dreams might become louder expecting some attention.

Feb Moon Dreamboard

For the last 5 or 6 years I've thought about becoming a massage therapist. I realize school is involved and it's quite pricey and I seem to discount this dream with excuses like it's going to cost too much money, I don't have the time to go back to school, if I take the class in the evening I'll be too tired to go after work, and because I've had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands, would I ever have the hand strength to give a mssage.

And yet there is a part of me that realizes this is something I really want to do. The healing gift of touch has been dramatic in my life and I want to share that with others but then doubt creeps in and I tuck away this dream way back in my mind.

Another dream that pops up from time to time is to write a children's book. I have several titles for books I would like to write and again the voice of doubt screams out to me: "who do you think you are, you're not a writer". I do a lot of journaling, but I've never taken the time to set down to write a story. The same excuses prevail as above: I'm too tired, too busy, research is too hard, etc., etc., etc. So instead I buy blank journals, journal after journal has come into my house so I feel perhaps my soul is calling out to me to write... but I hush that voice.

Lastly I want to visit Paris in Autumn. I'm not sure why this loops over and over again in my head. Hell I even bought the Barbie Doll "Autumn in Paris" because I loved the rich material of the Barbie's clothes and just the feeling this doll brought me. I want to be in Paris in the fall. Instead I remain in Ohio and the thought of riding over water totally freaks me out... so I'm rooted to the ground.



Looking forward to hearing what your dreams are.... and I hope the upcoming month will help you realize some of these dreams.

Comments

Loes said…
Your dreamboard is full of powerful symbols, like the butterfly in the top right corner and the key in the bottom right corner. I also love the Elliot quote, like he says, it's never too late :)
Jamie Ridler said…
It's a powerful thing to give time, space and a voice to your dreams, to stir the pot, to imagine. Thank you for sharing that with us. It was a joy to visit with you and your dreams.

May each and every one come true.
Charlotte said…
I like this dreamboard, I associate with many of the images. My dreamboard had the Eiffel Tower on it last month. It is an amazing city. I wish you all the best in your dream of getting there in the Fall. You will go, I'm sure of it.

Charlotte Fox.
Anonymous said…
I tend to think it's the little whispers that are the most powerful.... bravo to you for giving them a voice! Here's to all of these wonderful visions unfolding before you!

Popular Posts