A thought on a snowy Saturday Morning

I found this quote the other day and wanted to share it here which will remind me to write it down in my journal. I found this quote from Frank Outlaw that really struck a cord in me.... however, in researching the below quote... I actually discovered that it originally came from the novelist Charles Reade. First I give you Frank's version:

Watch your thoughts, for they become words.


Watch your words, for they become actions.


Watch your actions, for they become habits.


Watch your habits, for they become character.


Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.


And now Charles' version:

We sow a thought and reap an act;

We sow an act and reap a habit;

We sow a habit and reap a character;

We sow a character and reap a destiny.


And then I further discovered that this was a popular saying in the 19th century and no one knows for sure where it came from. But most people do believe it was written to expand a thought that was expressed at Proverbs XXIII:7 ("For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he").

Anyway....... I love the quote, I believe it's very true and I hope you have enjoyed it. Now I'm off to enjoy a snowbound Saturday and I have my day filled with things I don't normally do because I don't make the time.

Comments

Therese said…
True words spoken, and the photo of this sweet bird goes along well~ Blessings to you~
Annie Z said…
How fascinating. I am always amazed at how much of what we are now 'discovering', was actually around a long time before now!

This is a great quote. Thanks for sharing.
Hope you are having a wonderful time!

Popular Posts