Hello Kitty vacations in the Tropics

My niece was talking about her owl she recently created at Build-a-Bear. She told me about choosing a heart, and then saying and doing things to the heart before it's inserted into your animal. After the animal is created you must dress it, name it and pick up the birth certificate.

Then she told me about a special Hello Kitty. Not sure why Hello Kitty calls to me. I'm highly allergic to cats and generally don't enjoy being about them. They seem secretive with evil eyes....but Hello Kitty seems friendly and lovable.

My sister, Missy, my niece, Audrey and I went to Build-a-Bear yesterday. Missy said the entire time over, "I like the enchanted dragon, but what would I do with a stuffed animal so I'm not making one." I really didn't say anything as images of my own Hello Kitty danced in my head.

We arrived and the store wasn't busy. Of course it was 10:20 a.m. on a very rainy Saturday. We sort of skipped to the dead flat animal area and picked out the one we wanted to bring back to life. Missy sort of wandered off to the enchanted land area and in just about 47 seconds comes back to us with a flattened green dragon. Being the older and wiser one, I didn't mentioned her early rant about not making one.

We selected our hearts... and went through the heart mantra. We had to rub the heart between our hands to warm it up. We had to tap it gently so it could begin to beat. We rubbed the heart across our head so it would be smart. We rubbed it across the muscle in our arm so it would be strong. Then I began laughing watching my sister Missy who said she wasn't doing this, rub the heart against her smiling beaming cheeks so it would be happy.

Then we had to decide the huggable factor of our animal. Of course I really had to bite my tongue when the bear attendant asked me if it like they really soft or harder. I just glanced at my sister, and I think she began to giggle. They insert your dead little carcass on this huge nozzle and then you get to work the foot pedal while the stuffing begins.

Of course after the stuffing is completed, you are allowed to hug your animal to make sure they are just right. Mine was. Then we were led to the fluffing station. Again, I bite my tongue because I'm all sure we are aware of what fluffing can also mean.

By now I was very excited about the end results of my Hello Kitty. So I fluffed her.

Not sure why I look so excited...I guess it was just the magic of the moment. From the fluffing station we had to go dress our animals. Being that my Hello Kitty was tan and visiting the tropics I chose the grass skirt and coconut bra outfit. Audrey chose a pink hoodie sweats for her kitty and Missy, remember the person who wasn't making an animal, chose a huge gold cape that had a push me button and the cape actually lite up.

After an exhausting birthing process we went to Abuelos for lunch. Once we got home, Alex, my son, snapped a few photos of us with our animals.


Balcony with Eddie, Baby Kitty and princess Hello Kitty

So to the left is Missy with Sir Edward Lancelot, Audrey with Baby Kitty and me with Princess Hello Kitty.

Then we came home and crafted.

Comments

Wanda said…
Angie...only you could make a Build a Bear experience slightly naughty. :) I'm glad you all had a great time.
Angie at Home said…
We really did.... I was surprised how much I enjoyed the experience and I think I have my 17 year old son convinced to get a bear for his Dad on Father's Day and buy the medical scrubs for it to wear since Gary works at the Hospital.
Patty said…
3 Happy girls.

Popular Posts