Have you ever had one of those days....

So I have the day off. A perfect day to go visit my Grandmother in Arcanum and take her out for lunch. I purposely did not call on Thursday night because Grandma would then rush around to bake a pie, make homemade noodles, or something like that. Instead I called her this morning to ask her what she had planned for the day.

And she responded in what is beginning to be a standard answer "oh Michael is here and we're going to Greenville for his therapy." Now Grandma's arm is screwed up, but she was going to go with her 62 year old son so that he could do his therapy.

It's so frustrating because almost everytime I want to go visit her, he's there. He has his own home that Grandma and Grandpa gave him years ago... but he's junked that up and now spends weeks at Grandma's 3 blocks down the street.

Then I called my Mother, and my Dad answered the phone. I asked him to have Mom call me when she was free... and guess what? No phone call. I can only assume he forgot. I mean surely Mom would call me back wouldn't she?

Then I called my sister Becky... and was asking her what she was doing today. I thought perhaps we could craft together... but her call waiting kicked on and we said a quick goodbye.

Then I went to Barnes & Noble, to enjoy a Starbuck coffee and journal. I ordered my coffee and pulled out a "Starbuck" gift card only to be told that this Starbucks didn't accept "Starbuck" cards.

So I left and went about 100 yards to the actual Starbucks and finally got my coffee. Pier One happens to be located in the same shopping center... so I browsed there. Everything inside was geared for Autumn and I think I would enjoy living in a Pier One store.

So now I'm home getting ready to make dinner. Today wasn't a great day... I'm feeling sort of rejected by my family... but life goes on.

Fall at Pier One

Comments

Popular Posts