8 things - Thanks Giving


  1. I'm thankful that I'm alive. Twelve months ago I didn't know if I would be alive. After 4 days of severe pain in my right calf I went to the doctor. She demanded I go immediately to the ER. I had a blood clot in my right leg and 100's of tiny blood clots in both lungs. In the words of my cardiologist "When I looked at your scan I thought I was looking at the lungs of someone who had died." Now the majority of my blood clots are gone, some residue remains. I have hyperthyroidism (which probably has been triggering my A-fib, etc.) but I'm alive...I'm alive and I don't want to lose sight of that.
  2. I'm thankful that I have a son. He's 18 years old and a senior in High School and although he will remain my little cupcake, he's approaching manhood. My son is a very caring person, has a quick sense of humor and thoughtful.
  3. I'm thankful for my husband. He's truly shown me unconditional love these last 21 years. His faith in me runs strong and he believes I can do anything.
  4. I'm thankful to live in a community that welcomes diversity.
  5. I'm thankful that I have a shelter over my head, that I have clean drinking water that is available immediately, that food is in the stores and there is an over abundance of food for me to choose from and depending upon the time of year I have heat or central air. I know that in many countries obtaining food and water is difficult.
  6. I'm thankful that I'm employed (can you believe over 25 years at the same place?) .
  7. I'm thankful for my family who can really piss me off at times but who always remains there when I need them.
  8. I'm thankful for having time to be creative, which keeps my soul happy!

Comments

Liz said…
Great list! Really glad to have found it here.
Olivia said…
I too like your list very much, EB. Much to be grateful for indeed! xoO
Bonita Rose said…
Love your list, i hv mine on my blog too.. thank God u are well! xo
Shionge said…
Nothing beats having a supportive husband trust me "D

Wishing all a happy thanksgiving

Popular Posts