Happy New Year - 2011


The new year arrived quietly at our house. Hubby was working at the hospital and manchild and I enjoyed an evening at home.

The weather was unseasonably warm (62 degrees) and the patio door was actually opened. How nice it is to enjoy fresh air through an opened door or window during the Winter! I even slept with the bedroom window opened.





I usually prepare a large amount of food to nibble on throughout the night, but this year we just ordered takeout from China Cottage. Sometimes it's a hit or miss with them, but last night their "A" chef must have been working because everything was excellent and cooked properly.

We did watch the ball drop in New York, although every TV channel was so boring. We were constantly flipping trying to find something that wasn't so lame. And don't get me wrong - I love Dick Clark; but I had no idea what he was even saying last night.

~~~~~~~~~
So now it's the first day of the New Year. We either have pork roast and sauerkraut for dinner or Hubby's Hungarian Cabbage Rolls. And this year we have decided on the cabbage rolls. The twist is that I will be making them since it's Hubby's weekend to work at the hospital and he will be sleeping all day. Wish me luck... this is a secret family recipe written in cryptic writing with incomplete sentences and unfamiliar words. I'll post pics later.

Comments

Popular Posts