Sunday and Simple Pleasures

I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday morning. I love them. The house is quiet (the men in my life are still in bed). I love to sit on my balcony and watch the birds flit around as I read or journal. What are your simple pleasures? Here are a few of mine.
  1. Taking a long, relaxing bath.
  2. Reading a great novel.
  3. Popcorn and an old movie on DVD.
  4. Watching the sunrise
  5. The smell of sheets hung outside to dry.
  6. Walking on the beach (wish I lived closer to an ocean)
  7. Snuggling in bed with your lover/partner (you get the picture)
  8. Watching a sunset.
  9. Walking barefoot in lush grass.
  10. Listening to a performance under the stars. (love the Fraze).
  11. Root beer float with a pretzel rod placed in glass like a straw (Grandma C would make these for me for lunch dessert).
  12. Hugging your child tightly.
  13. Laughing until you cry and your sides hurt.
  14. Chocolate.
  15. A long conversation with a good friend.
  16. Kissing in the rain, dancing in the rain, walking in the rain.
  17. And then of course stomping in puddles.
  18. Crispy fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies.
  19. Being lazy on a Sunday while wearing your PJs.
  20. An uncluttered room.
  21. The Lemon Pasta with Roasted Shrimp that I made last night. Delish!!
  22. Catching fireflies.
  23. Singing loudly in the shower.
  24. Making someone smile.
  25. Grandma C's apricot pie.
  26. Helping someone in need.
  27. Floating in water.
  28. Laying back and watching the stars
  29. Laying back and watching the clouds sail by.
  30. A walk in nature.
  31. An afternoon nap.
  32. Watching and listening to the ocean.
  33. Christmas mornings when your child still believed.
  34. Massage.
  35. Diet Coke in a tall glass with crushed ice.
  36. A gentle breeze.
  37. Becoming debt-free (my 12 month goal).
  38. Blowing bubbles.
  39. Writing in my journal.
  40. Trying a new recipe.
  41. Sleeping in on a rainy day all snuggling under the covers.
  42. True Blood.
  43. The smell of a new Moleskine notebook.
  44. Fresh snow (especially at night when it glistens so brightly).
  45. Fresh strawberries.
  46. Having a picnic in the perfect weather.
  47. Candles... lots and lots of candles.
  48. Playing hooky.
  49. Watching birds (I miss the birdbath I use to have. I loved watching the birds commune with each other, taking their baths, and appearing to have lots of fun.)
  50. Being surrounded by great friends.



Comments

Patty said…
sounds like a good list, think I'll use it. LOL

Popular Posts