Woodland Cemetery

On Saturday, after Gary and I had lunch at Smashburger, we went over to Woodland Cemetery.  This is a huge cemetery with lots of old monuments.  They also have a lookout gazebo where you can see the city of Dayton.



It was a very clear day.  The building on the right (the tall black one) is Kettering Tower.  This is the building that I work in.  I've been coming to that building since 1981.  Dang... I'm getting old.

This is one of my favorite monuments.  She's beautiful.  I have to believe that she stands guard on a very special person.


And just look at her face.  Isn't it angelic?  Sort of remain me of the Statue of Liberty in a way.


Of course Gary and I had to take our pictures at another favorite monument.



As we were leaving the cemetery we can across the civil war/military section.  The American flags posted by each marker was so patriotic.  We took a moment to give thanks for all we have and for those who gave their life to their Country.


If you ever come to Dayton, Ohio you really will have to check out this cemetery.

Comments

Popular Posts