A Magical Retreat


Remember when you were a child and you took a blanket and draped it over two chairs?  Wasn't there something magical about the tent you created?  It was secretive and yet very comforting.

When I came across this photo something teared up inside of me.  Maybe it's a longing for something familiar from my childhood; or maybe it's just wanting a moment to curl up in such a beautiful surrounding, reading a good book, sipping my special tea.


One of my favorite moments from the movie "The Holiday" is when the little girls take the Cameron Diaz character into their tent.   And they lay down and look up at the stars.  It's a magical and endearing moment.


I've actually been reading where you can take PVC pipes and fashion them together to make a framework for a tent.  And I'm wondering why I couldn't do that around my bed for a huge canopy.  My mind is spinning at the moment.


And my canopy will need lots of fairy lights.  I'm really excited about trying my hands at creating something like this.  Oh Uncle Sonny..... I do believe I need your creative input.

Comments

Patty said…
I'm sure if anyone can figure it out, Sonny will be able to do it.
Wanda said…
I can't wait to see the pictures when you accomplish that....it will be awesome. :)
Anonymous said…
we all need a sanctuary! I am currently decorating a new yoga/excersise room in our house...lots of candles, mirrors, and "wall words" so far...
Donna Bell

Popular Posts