A Perfect Day

The "blizzard" of 2012 started in my area around 5:15 a.m.  I was thankful I didn't have to go to work, but upset that I woke up at 5:15 a.m.  Finally around 8:00 a.m. I decided that Hubby and I should probably head to the store to pick up some food and firewood just in case we got snowed in.


This picture was taken on my way back from the store with my phone.  The snow was just falling at a very fast rate about 1 1/2 inches an hour.  It was that wet snow, great for making snowmen but I just wanted to get inside.

Hubby was off work and our son was called off from work; so we spent a quiet day at home.  I caught up on a few of my cooking shows, removed all the meat from the turkey carcass; had a fab lunch of leftovers and took a 20 minute nap.

Gary fixed cheese filled tortellini, I made a sauce that had about 1/2 pound of Italian sausage in it.  We also heated up mozzarella filled breadsticks (so yummy with the sauce) and spend the evening on quiet mode, cell phones turned off and no interruptions.

It was a perfect day!

And as I headed to bed, I had to walk past my fireplace (pictured above).  I just smile.  (Candles are flameless).

Comments

Jackie said…
A lot of reasons for smiles, my friend...warmth of home with family and plenty of provisions, the flickering of those gorgeous lights...and warmth. Love them all.
Hugs,
J.

Popular Posts