The Geese

Gary and I went to Kohl's today.  I had some Kohl's cash that I had earned before the Holidays which I had to spend by January 1st.  I was able to get myself a purse and a wallet.  Of course I also had to get another set of those flannel sheets which I had bought several weeks ago.  They are so thick and soft.  We usually sleep on flannel all year.  

And the only Christmas item I purchased was a Champagne color 4ft Christmas tree (pictured below).  Hubby just looked at me like "really".  They had some pink Christmas trees too.  I was really torn between the champagne one or the pink one.  I might go back and get the pink one and then do a tree for Valentine's Day and for Easter.


After a nice lunch at Abuelo's we headed to Brookville to pick up our son's Christmas gift from my brother that was sent to my parent's house.  We had a nice quiet visit.

When we returned home, I noticed these guys from my kitchen window.  So I went outside, in my bare feet, and snapped a few pictures.


Two geese standing in the water.  
It's very cold outside but there they were sound asleep standing in the water.

A third geese was floating on the water, also sound asleep.


The sunlight is reflected on the pond.  
The sun was blinding against all the white.


The edges of the pond are just beginning to freeze.

So now I'm sitting here looking outside my window, thankful I'm not a goose standing in the icy water but sitting here inside where it's cozy and warm.  Soon our son will be home from work and supper production will begin.

I hope you had a relaxing Thursday.  Take care.

Comments

Jackie said…
The photos you took of the geese and the edge of the pond are stunning!
You are quite a photographer!!!
Lovely tree...a good purchase, my friend!
Hugs,
J.

Popular Posts