Soup is Good Food - Taco Soup


Several years ago I came across this Taco Soup recipe from Weight Watchers.  What I liked about it besides the great taste and low calories was that it was a great pantry cleaning recipe.

Several coworkers have been eating this soup the last couple of weeks; so I decided to make it for me and Hubby.

Here's the original recipe along with my variations in brackets.


Ingredients:

1 lb ground turkey or chicken and even beef [I usually use beef]
1 large onion (chopped)
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans [sometimes black beans]
1 (15 ounce) can hot chili beans [don't always use these and just another type of bean]
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (Mexican flavor)  [I always use a 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes]
1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (any flavor)    [and small can of diced peppers]

Directions:

1.  Brown the meat and onions and drain.
2.  Mix ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning mix into the meat.
3.  Without draining, add all other ingredients. [now I do rinse on my beans to eliminate gas built up]
4.  Simmer 1 hour.

Comments

Jackie said…
This looks delicious; thank you for including the recipe.

Popular Posts