The day after Fat Tuesday


Do you eat some King's cake on Fat Tuesday?  Dorothy Lane Markets make a very delicious one; better than most I've had.  Here's our cake before we hid baby Jesus.

The cake is so sweet, however, you really need to eat some protein afterwards.  I needed to rest after eating this cake (was really in a sugar coma state) so I watched a movie starring Diane Keaton called "Darling Companion".  I just adore Diane Keaton and was pleasantly surprised to find her on a new release on Blu-Ray.

Now, after watching the movie, I want a dog.  Not sure I could convince Hubby, since Hubby is trying to sleep during the day and a dog would bark at noises, and have to go out.  And I'm sure hearing all those ducks quacking and the geese honking, it would really drive a dog crazy.

Do you say Happy Ash Wednesday?  I just have to remember not to tell someone they have dirt on their forehead.  I did that several years ago and was very embarrassed when they said it was Ash Wednesday.


Comments

Popular Posts