A Sunday in April

Today Gary and I stopped in my old hometown and picked up my sister Becky.  Then we went to Richmond for some breadsticks at Claire's Pizza.  I swear they do have the very best breadsticks.


After lunch we went to Warm Glow to buy some pretty flags to hang outside.

I enjoy the fairy gardens they have there.  I do want to make one this year... but I don't really have any place to put it unless I take it to work.


Then I stopped at Mom's.  The squirrels were out lurking in trees, taunting me. I actually stepped backwards, and hit my head on a birdfeeder, knocking the camera into a weird setting and all my pics were blue.


From inside the kitchen, I happened to glance outside and saw this red-headed woodpecker.  I snapped the shot, through the patio door.




Comments

Jackie said…
Great photos of you, Gary, and Becky.
Everyone looks so happy. That's a wonderful thing... :))
Regarding the stepping back and hitting your head on a bird feeder: ouch! And...the blue look you got from your camera 'adjustment' gave the squirrel quite a 'cool' look, in my opinion. :))
The red-headed woodpecker photo is a great shot, Angie. His color is brilliant...
I put up a new bird feeder this week. So far, the birds aren't a bit interested in it. I'm hoping they will find it and enjoy the feast(s) I have for them. I have always spread their food on the ground, and they (birds) cover my back yard. I decided to hang a feeder near the bird bath...thinking that perhaps some of them would love to get their food from a higher vantage point. Nope. Not yet, anyway... I'll keep you posted.
Hugs,
J.

Popular Posts