A-Fib Wednesday

I couldn't sleep last night.  I tossed and turned and finally got out of bed around 2:30 am.  Decided to go back to bed around 3:00 a.m. and as soon as I got into bed I went into A-fib.

I hate when this happens.  Then I have to take medicine that can take up to 5 hours to work.  Then I worry if my blood is thin enough so blood clots don't develop.  I always try to go to sleep because if I'm awake then I just focus on my heart.  But then I worry that if I fall asleep that I might just not wake up.

I haven't been on thyroid medicine for about 6 weeks; so I can't blame my A-Fib on that.  It's so frustrating trying to figure out what triggers these episodes.

I woke up at 6:30 still in A-Fib.  Called work and left a voicemail that I would be there as soon as I got out of A-Fib.  Woke back up at 8:15 and my heart was beating normally.

So I'm glad Wednesday will be almost over.

Good Night.

Comments

Jackie said…
I'm so sorry to hear about your A-fib today. My Mama has that, and hers is caused from a leaking valve in her heart.
Continue to take care of you, Angie.
I'm thinking of you and hoping this doesn't happen to you ever again.
Love,
Jackie
Jackie said…
I'm just checking back in with you, Angie to see how you are feeling.
I hope that you had a good day today.
Sending you smiles...and wanted you to know that I was thinking about you.
J.

Popular Posts