My First 45 Record -- How Will I Know My Love?



When I was a little girl, probably around 10 or 11 years old, I loved the series on the Mickey Mouse Club which featured Annette.  Around this time I also got a used record player... you know one of those little portable kinds in a case.


The first 45 record that I purchased  was "How Will I Know My Love" by Annette. Yes I just loved Annette.


The record cost was 29 cents.  I'm not sure but I was probably making 25 cents a week in allowance.  I know you could buy a Tigerbeat magazine for 19 cents and a candy bar for 5 cents... so 25 cents went far.

I found a youtube video of the song.  Listening to it now, I'm surprised I liked it.  I mean there is an organ playing in the background and I really, really, really dislike organs.  But even now that song will pop into my head.

This record was released in 1958.  However, 8 or 10 years later, The Mickey Mouse Club was rerunning there shows from the 50's.  And so I purchased this record probably in 1967 or 1968.

So here's the song...Enjoy





Comments

Popular Posts