It finally has arrived. A brand new year, a brand new you, a brand new list of possibilities just waiting to be discovered. It's like starting a new book, or a new journal....you don't know how the story will unfold, or what the pages will reveal.
I don't make resolutions for a New Year because every day is a new beginning... however, I do want to do the following things in 2014.
- Spend my time with my Grandmother. I haven't been visiting her because my Uncle Mike lives with her and makes visiting with Grandma almost impossible. However, if I call Grandma to let her know I'm coming over, Mike usually disappears.... so my goal is to visit her at least once a month.
- Read 100 books (since I did not accomplish this in 2013)
- Start a new job; my current job may or may not be here in 2014 and I'm tired of having an ax hanging over my head, never knowing when it will fall.
- Meet up with my friend Kathryn -- I haven't seen her in 17 or 18 years.
- Plan a weekend get away with Gary of at least 4 days.
- Since Alex is 21 and spends a lot of time with friends, Gary and I need to spend more time together. With his 3rd shift schedule sometimes that is hard to do; but for 2014 I'm planning on 2 date nights a month.
5075 pounds this year. I'll report in monthly on how that is going.
- Follow my endocrinologist advice. In 2013 I have not taken my vitamins, calcium, vitamin D that she has recommended. Not sure why I'm protesting this advice; but I want to be healthy and build up my immune system so I will follow what she says. I have an office visit with her at the end of the month.
- I want to do the 365 Photo Challenge this year.
- I stopped my addiction to Afrin nose spray in 2013. In 2014 I want to drink at least 20 ounces of water a day which would be an incredible huge step for me to take. I just can't seem to get water down.
- I finally got all the pieces gathered to start Project Life scrapbook. Now I just need to get pictures printed and get started. I would really like to do a scrapbook for 2014.
- And to discover the excitement and joy from helping so many family and friends when I win the huge Power Ball/Mega Million.... which ever comes first ::::wink...wink:::::
And to view my New Year's card to you, please click on the link blow:
Happy New Year