And so the Next Chapter Begins

My last day at work was April 30th.  I'll be receiving 52 weeks of severance pay, so I've decided to take May, June and July off (I really need to relax and become calm) while I decide what I want to do.

It's almost 1:00 p.m., I haven't eaten breakfast or lunch and I haven't even gotten dress yet.  I do have a hair appointment at 4:30 pm today (some of the lighter purple in my hair has faded to almost a pinkish blonde) to darken a few strands of my hair.

My brother and his finance will be arriving in Ohio on Wednesday.  We will be able to celebrate his birthday on the 10th (yes me and my brother will be the same age on Saturday) as well as Mother's Day.  Since I'm home I'm taking dinner over to Mom's on Wednesday so she doesn't have to bother with anything.

On May 12th, I'll be launching a new website on my weight loss journey, starting over at 58, and taking time to examine my life.  The website will be called "The Gift of a Year" and I'll post a link to it once I have it up and running [at the moment I'm experimenting with 4 different website templates to see which is the perfect one for me].  

If you were given a year's worth of pay, what would you do?  Would you pay off your bills and get a job right away?  Would you take a dream vacation?  Would you try to make it last as long as possible?  

I'm not sure what the future will hold but I know it has to be better than what I've been experiencing the last two years at work and the stress and unease of what the future was going to hold.  


The only thing I know for sure is that I really like purple hair.  

Comments

Wanda said…
That is a great question and I can't wait to see the new website as you answer it. :) Take care and best of everything to you.

Popular Posts