Monday Meditation - A Quote from Audrey Hepburn




"You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him."



I find the above statement so true.  Have you ever been around someone and they are just talking about everyone in a negative manner?  They seem to delight in someone's pain and suffering making sure to embellish the tale along the way.  I use to sit there; zoning out and wondering what they would tell someone about me.

But now when I here someone gossiping about another; I try to change the subject.  And if that doesn't work; because let's face it, some people don't get it I then have to tell them that I don't want to participate in gossip.

Our society is so gossip ridden.  Look at the reality shows.  They thrive on making others look stupid. Then in the lunch room at work you have groups of people talking about what they saw.  And before you know it the room is filled with all this negativity.  And personally that shit is just toxic.

Talk shows and magazines also thrive on this mentality.  It simply drives me crazy at times.  Does this drive you bonkers too?




Comments

Popular Posts