A Day for Remembering Those We Love

Becky, Margaret and I visited Castine Cemetery to place new flowers on Grandma Custer's grave.  Becky and Margaret brought cleaning supplies and washed off the tombstones.  We also replaced the foam in several of the planters.  It's really amazing how dirty the tombstones were.





It's really hard to believe a year has almost past since the death of my Grandmother.  But it has.  She died May 29th, 2014.  They say time heals all wounds, but they never tell you how long it will take.  I truly miss this woman.


My great grandparent's; I remember Harvey (I would have been 5 when he died).  He was a little crazy and ate really stinky cheese.  My great grandmother Bessie died before I was born.


My Aunt Nancy, my Mom's sister.  She was a great woman.  Loved crafting and cooking.  I loved spending time with her.  Now it's scary to think she was been gone for 32 years.  Her funeral was on my birthday so for several years I didn't really celebrate my birthday on June 1st because it was just so sad.


My Great Aunt Vera and Uncle Ed..... I loved going to their house and for them to visit my parents.  They loved to play euchre and we would sit at each corner of the table watching them play.

We also stopped by my Great Aunt Dorothy and Uncle Bill's grave.  I only really saw Dorothy at our annual family reunion but she was always fun to be around and she loved to kiss you and she always had on bright red lipstick.

What did you do this Memorial Day?

Comments

Popular Posts