Memorial Day Celebration on Sunday

Since Gary is working on Memorial Day, Alex will be spending the day with friends and I will be visiting Castine Cemetery, we had our "Memorial Day" feast today.

I fixed baby back ribs, baked beans and coleslaw.  I did buy a watermelon for dessert but we were so full we never ate it.


I cut the full slabs in half and place them in the crockpot.   I added 1/2 cup of water, one onion cut up and a clove of garlic to the crockpot and then strategically place the ribs into the crockpot.  My crockpot will usually hold three full slabs of ribs.  I let it cook on low for 7 hours.  Then I take them out, slathered them with barbecue sauce and place in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the sauce caramelizes.  It's so good.


Gary also likes to eat potato chips with his ribs.


Alex is just a meat guy.  He doesn't like baked beans or vinegar coleslaw.


And yes I'm in my pajamas.......

Comments

Popular Posts