August 27th

At 12:07 am on August 27th, 1992 I gave birth to my son Alex Gregory.  After 30 hours of labor and no dilation, the doctors preceded with a c-section.

It's hard to describe how that felt when they were tugging him out of me.  He was wedged in pretty tightly.  I was afraid they would rip off his head.  But they finally eased him out.


After being up for over 30 hours and the drugs they had given me, I basically fell asleep right after peeking at him.  I didn't wake up until 10:00 am when a doctor woke me up to tell me my son's vitals were okay.  I began crying telling the doctor that I hadn't seen my son.

So they brought my little boy in.  I will always remember that moment when I held him for the first time, gazing into his little eyes, marveling at what we had created.

And now 24 years have passed and my babe turns 25 today.  Time flies by so quickly.  It doesn't seem possible Alex is 25.

Gary & Alex - 08/26/2017

My love has grown deeper for my little boy who now towers over me.  Love is an amazing thing. Just when you think your heart can't hold anymore love, it does.  I can't even imagine a world without Alex in it.  He is a kind, generous and has a good soul.  He may be a man but he will always be my little babe.  

Comments

Popular Posts