A Spider and a June Bug

Last night, around 11:00 pm, I opened the patio door. A large, juicy June Bug flew in, buzzing past my "good" ear.... and behind the back of my head.

I called my Husband... as he is the "Official Bug Terminator" in our household... and before he could get in to the kitchen, the June Bug flew into a spider web that had sprung up since dinnertime.

And as little Miss Muffet said... "along came a tiny little spider... no bigger than an ant... and reached the June Bug and it must have bite it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then the tiny little spider began to roll the June Bug. Due to the size of the June Bug... the spider struggled... but was able to capture 4 of the June Bugs legs.. and I swear it looked like the June Bug was "hog tied".

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The June Bug fell from the web... and upon examination ... the official bug terminator said "I'll be damn... it's dead."

Now that was a mighty little spider.

Comments

Melinda said…
I bet you keep that spider in the house! It will collect any unwanted bugs from your home!

Popular Posts