Autumn Love

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"...I like spring, but it is too young. I like summer, but it is too proud. So I like best of all autumn, because its leaves are a little yellow, its tone mellower, its colours richer, and it is tinged a little with sorrow and a premonition of death. Its golden richness speaks not of the innocence of spring, nor of the power of summer, but of the mellowness and kindly wisdom of approaching age. It knows the limitations of life and is content. From a knowledge of those limitations and its richness of experience emerges a symphony of colours, richer than all, its green speaking of life and strength, its orange speaking of golden content and its purple of resignation and death..."

Lin Yutang - From My Country and My People (1936)

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is all true.

Those things (gourds, squash, pumpkins) look like some old people's skin that I have seen. Disturbing.
Melissa said…
What? No post about your baby sister coming down to craft and the house getting steamy hot from cooking??

Thanks for yesterday, it was fun, and Audrey was so worn out, she fell asleep on the way home in the car.

I'm taking leftovers for lunch today.
Patty said…
1936, the year I was born. I suppose that is part of the reason I don't like Fall as much as Spring. Fall everything is dying and decaying. Turning moldy and dusty. I like late Spring when everything is turning green and starting to come into full bloom.

Have a good week.
Love you all, Mom

Popular Posts